- 500g frozen raspberries, slightly defrosted or 2 punnets fresh berries
- 1 tbs strawberry liquor or Cointreau
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 (100g) prepared meringues, crumbled into large pieces
- whole raspberries to garnish
- Attach the fruit and vegetable strainer to stand mixer and turn to speed 4. Place a bowl underneath the strainer. Add the raspberries into the hopper, pushing down with stomper. Reserve the raspberry coulis and discard the seeds. Stir the strawberry liquor into the coulis and set aside.
- Place the cream, sugar and vanilla into the mixing bowl, attach the wire whisk. Beat on speed 8 about 1 ½ minutes until the cream is firmly whipped.
- Remove bowl from the stand. Using a large metal spoon gently fold the meringue pieces and coulis into the cream – do not over mix, it should look very 'hotch potch'.
- Spoon into serving glasses and serve or refrigerate for up to 3 hours. The longer you stand the mixture the more chewy, gooey and delicious it becomes. Serve garnished with a whole berry.