- 125g copha (vegetable shortening)
- 2 cups (180g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (60g) shredded coconut
- 2 cups (240g) pure icing sugar
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pink food colouring (or to desired colour)
- ¼ -½ tsp rose water
- 50g raspberry lollies, chopped (if desired)
- 50g raspberry lollies, left whole.
- extra shredded coconut for topping
- Place the copha in a small, heavy based saucepan and gently melt over a low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Attach the mixing bowl, flat beater and food shield to the stand mixer. Place the dry ingredients into bowl; turn the mixer to speed 1 and mix until combined.
- Turn off mixer; add the cooled copha, condensed milk, vanilla extract, food colouring and rose essence. Mix on speed 1 until just combined. Change the flat beater to the dough hook; add the chopped lollies (if using) and mix on speed 1 for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Line a 25 x 13cm rectangular pan with baking paper, allowing the paper to rise up over the sides of the pan. Press the mixture into the pan and stud with the extra raspberry lollies. Sprinkle with the extra shredded coconut, pressing lightly into the slice.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into petite squares to serve.
- For heavy or thick mixtures, use the dough hook rather than the flat beater.