- 2 ½ cups (360g) self-raising flour
- ¾ cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups (115g) desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 200g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups (300g) icing sugar mixture
- 25g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs milk
- pulp of 2 passionfruits
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Line a 25 x 13cm rectangle pan with baking paper, allowing the paper to come over the sides.
- Attach the flat beater, pouring shield and mixing bowl to the stand mixer. Add the flour, sugar and coconut to the bowl. Turn mixer to speed 2 and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla, egg and butter. Turn to speed 4 and mix for 15 seconds or until combined. Press firmly into the prepared pan. Bake on the centre shelf for 20 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Attach the clean flat beater pouring shield and mixing bowl to the stand mixer. Add the icing sugar and turn to speed 1, mix for 2 minutes or until lump free.
- Add the butter, lemon juice and milk, turn to speed 4 and beat for 3 minutes or until smooth. Add the passionfruit and mix until combined. Spread the icing over the slice and refrigerate until icing has set. Using the paper as handles, remove the slice from the tin and cut into squares.