- 440g can pie apricot
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 40g softened butter
- ½ cup caster sugar, extra
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 100ml milk
- 2 tbs sour cream or Greek style yoghurt
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Spread the apricots over the base of an oven proof 1–1.25L dish or divide between smaller individual dishes. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the butter and extra sugar to the work bowl, then pulse for 1–2 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the egg and vanilla and process on speed 1 for 15 seconds. Add the flour, milk and sour cream and process until smooth.
- Spread batter over the fruit, allowing some fruit to show through.
- Bake in the centre shelf of the oven for 30–35 minutes or until firm and lightly golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving. Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream or cream.
- Pineapple or peach can also be used instead of apricot.