- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 400 grams extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 2 cm squares
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 capsicum, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 large zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into 10 cm sections
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Bean sprouts for granish
- For marinade, whisk vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and ground red pepper in small bowl. Stir in green onion and jalapeño.
- Place tofu in single layer in baking dish or shallow bowl; pour marinade over tofu and stir gently to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Centre one zucchini section on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach medium spiralizing blade and position at end of zucchini. Place medium bowl below blade to catch spiralized zucchini. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process until blade reaches end of zucchini.
Repeat with remaining zucchini sections.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large frying pan over high heat. Transfer tofu from marinade to skillet in single layer (fry in batches, if necessary). Set marinade aside. Cook tofu without stirring 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Turn tofu and cook additional 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer tofu from skillet to paper towel lined surface to avoid excess moisture.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same pan. Add and fry the garlic; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add capsicum and carrots; sauté 2 minutes. Add zucchini; sauté 1 minute. Add egg; cook until egg is firm, stirring frequently. Return tofu to pan and add leftover marinade; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Divide evenly onto 4 to 6 serving dishes; sprinkle with coriander, bean sprouts and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
- Makes 4-6 Serves