- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup (60g) caster sugar
- ½ tsp each ground cinnamon and cardamom
- 125g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 x 60g egg
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- ½ cup currants
- 1 tbs chopped glace ginger
- 1 tbs extra caster sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and spices. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter and process on speed 1 for 7 seconds or until the butter is well chopped through the flour. Add the egg, milk and orange rind and pulse until combined. Add the currants and ginger, pulse for 3 seconds (do not over mix).
- Form mixture into small cakes and place onto the prepared trays. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Sprinkle with the extra sugar to serve.