- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Add warm water into bowl of stand mixer. Add sugar and sprinkle yeast into bowl. Let sit 10-15 minutes until yeast becomes foamy. Add flour, salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Attach dough hook to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer and turn to speed 2 for 1 minute, increase to speed 4 and mix for 2-3 minutes, adding additional flour, a few tablespoons at a time if needed. Dough should pull away from bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, coat bowl with olive oil. Gather dough into a ball and place in oiled bowl, turn to coat. Cover with clean towel and let proof until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down dough and shape into 2 balls. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine the chopped ham and cheese in bowl.
- Divide the dough into two parts and on a floured surface, roll each piece into a 30 x 30 cm rectangle
- Spread the sauce onto the dough, leaving a 2cm border along one side
- Roll up the dough to enclose the filling (like a swiss roll), leaving the plain edge until last.
- Brush the edge lightly with water and fold to seal.
- Cut each roll into 1cm rounds (use serrated bread knife) and place on lined oven trays.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden.
- Serves 6-8.