- 200g plain shortbread style biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 tsp gelatine
- 50ml boiling water
- 375g cream cheese, chopped into pieces and softened to room temperature
- 250ml thickened cream
- ½ cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pulp 3 passionfruit
- Whipped cream and extra passionfruit to serve
- Grease and line the sides and base of a 20cm springform cake pan. Place biscuits, butter and lemon into the blender jug. Secure lid and blend on speed 2 (Chop) for 5 seconds or until biscuits are finely chopped.
- Remove crumbs and press into the pan, chill while preparing filling. Wash and dry the blender jug. Sprinkle gelatine into boiling water and whisk well with a fork until gelatine is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese, cream, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and gelatine mixture into the jug. Secure lid and blend on speed 5 (Liquify) speed for 15 seconds or until well combined. Pour into chilled pan. Swirl through passionfruit and chill 4- 6 hours or until firm. Cut into slices or into individual rounds to serve.
- Dollop with whipped cream and top with extra passionfruit if desired.
- To cut into small rounds lightly oil a scone cutter. Press firmly into cheesecake until cutter hits the bottom and lift out carefully with a spatula. Remove cheesecake gently from cutter and place on serving plate. Refrigerate until serving.