- 4 cups plain flour
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup sultanas
- 2 x 7g sachets dried yeast
- 3½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 3¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¾ cup currants
- 300ml milk
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbs plain flour
- 4 Tbs water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heated oven to 220 degrees
- Using the KitchenAid Sifter + Scale Attachment, sift flour, sugar, salt and spices into KitchenAid stand mixer bowl with dough hook attachment.
- Add yeast
- In a saucepan heat the milk over a low temperature, add butter, stir until melted
- Add milk and butter mixture to dry mix and turn stand mixer to level 2 until mixed thoroughly. Add the eggs and then the dried fruit continue mixing for 3-4 minutes until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Remove bowl from mixer, shape dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Portion dough into 12 equal sized buns, placed closely together on a greased baking tray. Leave to rise for 1 hour
- To make the crosses, mix the flour and water thoroughly to form a thick paste. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe the paste in crosses on the buns
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden
- Mix glaze ingredients together until sugar has dissolved. Brush glaze over buns while still hot.