- 2 cups of your favourite untoasted muesli
- 2 tbs pepitas
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated into long strips
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g dried dates, chopped
- 340g can condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan forced). Line a large baking dish with baking paper allowing it to overhang the sides.
- Spread the muesli, pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and carrot over the baking dish. Drizzle with the oil and lightly toss to coat. Toast in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp. Add to mixing bowl with the dried fruits and condensed milk.
- Attach the flat beater to stand mixer. Mix on speed 4 for 1 - 2 minutes or until well mixed and coated in the milk. Spread evenly over the baking dish, pressing mixture out. Bake on the centre shelf for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting into bars.
- Bars will keep for up to 3 days in an air tight container.
- Toasting your own muesli with a little oil, dramatically reduce the fat content. If desired toasted muesli can be used and the toasting step removed.