PREP TIME: 10 minutes
BLEND TIME: 10 minutes
BAKE TIME: 10-12 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30-32 minutes (excludes 2 hours chilling time)
EQUIPMENT: 2 baking sheets; parchment paper; plastic wrap; large ziploc bag; rolling pin; rubber spatula; whisk
- 1 ½ cups (250 g) whole dry roasted hazelnuts, divided
- ¾ cup (95 g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon (2 g) instant espresso powder
- ¾ teaspoon (4 g) fine sea salt
- ½ cup (114 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (127 g) ultra fine Baker’s sugar
- 1 large (20g) egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) hazelnut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) Pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (120 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons (8g) coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC/gas 4. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add 1 cup (150g) of hazelnuts to your KitchenAid® 400 Blender. Cover the blender, select “Ice Crush” setting and let blender run through the setting. Use a rubber spatula scrape down the sides, then blend on speed 5 for 10 seconds. Scrape sides again and blend on speed 5 about 15-30 seconds, or until hazelnuts are finely ground.
- Pour hazelnut flour into a medium mixing bowl. Add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.