- 2 cups (300g) gluten free plain flour
- 1 tbs gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup (125g) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml milk
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 tbs lemon juice or white vinegar
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 punnet raspberries or blueberries, roughly chopped or smashed
- 70g white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced). Line a 6 hole medium-sized muffin pan with paper cases.
- Attach the flat beater to the stand mixer. Place the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and sugar into the mixing bowl. Mix on speed 2 until well combined. Transfer to another bowl and set aside.
- Add the eggs, milk, butter, lemon juice and sour cream to the bowl. Beat on speed 4 until mixed together.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds or until just combined. Add ¾ of the berries and chocolate and mix for 2 – 3 seconds on speed 1.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pans and scatter with the remaining berries and chocolate.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until firm, golden and cooked through. Wait for 5 minutes before remove from pan.
- Variation: 2 large over ripe bananas can be used in place of the berries, if desired. Add to the mixer with the milk and eggs, mix together.