- 200g ginger nut biscuits
- 60g toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup (45g) shredded coconut
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon & nutmeg
- 125g unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 300ml double cream
- 1/4 cup (30g) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp finely grated orange rind
- Selection fresh fruit, such as strawberries, banana slices, orange slices,
- diced pineapple & passionfruit
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add biscuits, almonds, coconut and spices. Select speed 1 and process 8 seconds or until roughly chopped. Pulse until chopped.
- Add butter and pulse until finely chopped.
- Press filling firmly into base and sides of a 22cm removable base flan tin and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely in tin.
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Add cream cheese, double cream, icing sugar and orange rind. Pulse until well combined then spread cream filling into the cooled flan crust.
- Top with fresh fruit and cinnamon and serve.
For best results, the tart is best eaten with 2 hours of filling with cream topping.