- 12 large green king prawns , peeled, cleaned, tail left on or 4 thick fillets flake, cut into long thick pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt flakes
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves
- ½ small bunch flat leaf parsley leaves
- ½ bunch chives, roughly chopped
- 6cm ginger, peeled, roughly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh green peppercorns juice and thickly peeled rind strips of 1 lemon and lime
- 100ml olive oil
- Thread each prawn (or fish piece) onto a wooden skewer (soak skewers in water for 20 minutes before threading), flattening the prawn out. Smear with a little olive oil, garlic and salt.
- Place about half of the coriander, parsley and chives into the blender jug. Cover and select the speed 2 (Chop). Pulse for 6 seconds. Add the remaining herbs, ginger, peppercorns, citrus peels and 2 tbs each of the lemon and lime juice. Pulse to a lightly chunky sauce.
- Smear the prawns (or fish) on both sides with some of the sauce. Heat a flat plated grill or BBQ until hot. Drizzle the prawns with a little of the oil. Cook until golden brown and cooked through turning once only.
- Add the remaining citrus juices and oil to the blender, cover and pulse to a thin consistency.
- Serve the prawns on a bed of garden greens and drizzle with the sauce.
- Soak the skewers in cold water to prevent burning.
- Only use green/ raw prawns.