- 4 medium unpeeled beetroots (do not trim)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and halved
- 1 cup small flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- Cook the beetroot in boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook. Drain and cool. Rub and peel off the skin using your finger tips and paper towel. Trim the tail and root end from the beetroot and discard. Cut beetroot in half.
- Attach the slicer shredder attachment with the slicing drum to the stand mixer. Position the mixing bowl under the slicing chute. Turn to speed 6. Add the onion and beetroot to the hopper and slice.
- Just before serving toss the beetroot and onion with the parsley, coriander, vinegar, cumin and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Do not peel or trim the beetroot before cooking.
- Keeping the vegetable whole retains its colour.
- When rubbing the skin from the beetroot wear gloves so you don't stain your fingers