- 125g cold butter, roughly chopped
- 150g Cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp French mustard
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbs milk
- freshly ground salt and black peppercorns, to taste
- chilli powder, extra, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Fit the processor with the shredding disc * Select speed 1. Add the cold butter and cheese to the food chute, gently pushing with the pusher if required. Remove the butter and cheese from the bowl
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the cheese, butter, flour, baking powder, spices, mustard, lemon rind and milk. Pulse until the mixture is well combined and forms a ball. Form into an 18cm log and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into thin discs and arrange on the prepared tray. Scatter with plenty of salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little extra chilli (optional).
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes or until lightly crisp and golden. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray onto a cooling rack.
* Shredding discs vary model to model. If you have an ExactSlice™ model please use the reversible shredding disc, fine side up.