- 1 small brown onion
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 large (450g) zucchini, trimmed, cut in half lengthways
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 small (240g) yellow potatoes, such as yukon gold or Bintji potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) good quaity grated fresh Parmesan
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra Olive Oil, for frying
- Attach the Food Processor Attachment to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and insert the dicing kit as directed. Position a large bowl under the food attachment to catch the diced onions. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process. Set onions aside and change to the large grating disc and place a second bowl in position. Grate the zucchini, 1 at a time, into the feed tube on speed 4. Set aside, place another bowl in position and repeat with potatoes.
- Transfer the zucchini to a strainer and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sea salt. Toss to combine and let drain for 10 minutes. Wring moisture from zucchini by pressing against sides of colander or wrapping in a clean dishcloth and wringing them out. Place shredded zucchini in large mixing bowl and toss with fork to loosen shreds.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook onions, stirring occasionally until softened. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the parsley, onions to the zucchini with the potatoes, egg, flour and parmesan cheese. Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Drop large spoonfuls zucchini mixture into oil and flatten slightly. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Makes 6-8 fritters.