- 150g mixed berries fresh or frozen (raspberries, blueberries or strawberries)
- 1 tbs hazelnut or orange liquor
- 100g good quality white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 125g cream cheese, at very soft room temperature
- 125ml thickened cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125g) caster sugar
- ½ tsp rose water
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- ½ cup (50g) shredded coconut
- Place the berries on a plate and sprinkle over the liquor, set aside for flavours to infuse.
- Place the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl over simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Very gently allow the chocolate to melt. Gently stir the chocolate and turn off the heat, leaving the chocolate over the warm water. Don’t over stir or over heat.
- Place the mixing bowl on the stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Put the cream cheese, cream and vanilla into the bowl. Whisk on speed 4, for 30 seconds or until combined, light and creamy. Remove and refrigerate to chill.
- Attach a clean, dry mixing bowl and whisk onto the stand mixer. Add the egg whites. Turn to speed 6 and whisk to soft peaks, sprinkle in a third of the sugar. Whisk until dissolved. Add the remaining sugar and whisk until thick and glossy.
- Add the chilled cream mixture and whisk on speed 1 until just combined (this happens quickly). Quickly pour in the melted white chocolate and whisk slowly on speed 1 until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently divide the mousse into two small mixing bowls. Add the rose water to one and gently fold together with a spatula. Add the orange blossom to the other and gently fold through. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of the coconut into the serving glasses, top with a few berries. Pipe or spoon the orange scented mousse to half fill each glass. Scatter a little more coconut and gently place in a few berries. Then pipe or spoon the rose mousse and again top with the berries and coconut.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Additional stainless steel mixing bowls are available in 4.8L and 2.8L sizes. Glass or frosted bowls are available in a 4.7L size.
- If using frozen berries defrost gently before use.