- 5 medium (450g) ripe red tomatoes, halved
- 1 large (330g) ripe mango, skin and seed discard
- ½ small red onion, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp sea salt and ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For best results use a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with Juicer Attachment.
- Attach the juicer and sauce attachment using the sauce screen and the pulp control closed to the stand mixer. Place the juice container under the juice spout.
- Turn to speed 6, juice the tomatoes, mango, onion and garlic.
- Place the juice into a KitchenAid 1.5L saucepan with the sugar, vinegar, tomato paste and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, then reduce to a low simmer and cook 20 minutes or until the desired consistency. Cool completely. Refrigerate for up to 1 week in a sealed container.
- Recipe can be doubled if desired.
- 1 x 420g can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained can be used if desired