Transform fresh Zucchini Noodles into delicious, healthy meals with three KitchenAid sauce recipes!
Combine approximately 4 cups of Spiralized Zuchini noodles with the following sauces*.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500g lean topside mince
- 1 onion, shredded
- 140g tub tomato paste
- 700g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 350ml water
- 2 large zucchinis, shredded*
- 2 medium carrots, shredded*
- 1 eggplant, peeled & cut into large long thick batons
- 1 tbs freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- fresh grated parmesan, for serving*
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Add onion and cook until tender, then add tomato paste, pasta sauce, water and vegetables. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and stir through herbs. If desired, the sauce may be simmered for longer for a richer flavour.
- Toss approximately half of the sauce with the spiralized Zucchini noodles, pile into a serving bowl and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Lemon Chervil Sauce
- 50g butter
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 300ml cream
- several saffron strands
- freshly ground black peppercorns, to season
- 2 bunches chervil, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 150g finely grated Parmesan
- Melt the butter in a frypan until foamy, add the spring onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon, cream, saffron strands and season well. Stir through half the chervil.
- Toss spiralized Zucchini noodles with the sauce and half of the parmesan. Top with remaining chervil and parmesan.
Cheese and Pesto Sauce
- 150g piece Parmesan cheese, cut into large pieces
- 50g pinenuts
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, leaves picked from the stalks
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed (optional)
- 150ml olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fit the food processor with the fine shredding disc*. Select speed 2. Drop the cheese down into the medium sized feed tube, gently guide the cheese in with the pusher if required. Remove the grated cheese and set aside.
- Fit the processor with the multipurpose blade. Add the pinenuts, basil and chilli. Process on speed 1 for 8 seconds or until roughly chopped. With the motor running, add the olive oil quickly through the small food tube, followed by the Parmesan. Season well with salt and pepper.
- As a guide, use approximately 4 cups of Spiralized Zuchini noodles with desired sauce. Depending on preference, you may like to use more or less zucchini noodles
- Ingredients: 2 medium Zucchini, cut into 10cm sections, ends trimmed
- Method: Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Center one zucchini section on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach fine spiralizing blade and position at end of zucchini. Position medium size bowl under blade to catch spiralized zucchini. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of zucchini. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- To cook zucchini noodles, place in boiling, salted (optional) water for 45 seconds. Drain and place in ice water to stop cooking. When chilled, drain zucchini noodles.
- Zucchini noodles may also be added to the fryypan and be cooked with the sauce until desired texture is reached.
- This Bolognaise sauce will freeze well for up to 3 months.
- To shred the Parmesan with the Slicer/Shredder Attachment: Cut cheese into large pieces or sticks. Add to the hopper, pressing down on the handles and shred into a separate bowl for serving.
- To store the pesto and not lose any colour, cover the surface with extra olive oil and keep refrigerated. The oil on the surface will firm in the fridge but this will not affect the flavour.
- For Food Processor, shredding discs vary model to model. If you have an ExactSlice™ model please use the reversible shredding disc, fine side up.