- 400g semolina
- 100g spinach, blanched and dried
- 1 cup water, to be added in ¼ cup increments
- 50g roasted pine nuts
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch dill
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the bowl of your , with dough hook attached, place the semolina, spinach and ¼ cup of water.
- Put mixer on Speed 1, and once the water has been worked in, add another ¼ cup.
- Knead the dough on Speed 2 for 8-12 minutes, gradually adding more water as needed. You may not need all the water, depending on how wet your spinach is.
- Once your pasta is fully kneaded, turn off the mixer, cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rest for 15 minutes. While your dough is resting, bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- In your place all pesto ingredients and blend until you reach your desired consistency, personally I like it a little thicker.
- Once your dough is rested, turn onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 8 even pieces.
- Roll each piece into a long sausage around [x]cm long, then cut into 1cm pieces
- Roll each piece on a cavatelli board/box grater
- Dust with flour and when ready to cook, pop into the water and cook until al dente. This should take around [x] minutes. Drain and return to the pot and place over a low heat. Toss through your pesto and cook for 1-2 minutes, then serve.