- 2 medium red potatoes, ends trimmed
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut in half and ends trimmed
- 1 small red onion, peeled, ends trimmed
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 225 grams chorizo, casings removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed baby kale
- Preheat oven to 195°C.
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Center one red potato on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach peeling blade and medium spiralizing blade and position at end of potato. Place medium bowl under blade to catch spiralized potato and peel. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process until blade reaches end of potato. Repeat with remaining red potato and sweet potato. Remove peeling blade. Spiralize onion into same bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook chorizo in large ovenproof frypan over medium – high heat 4 – 5 minutes until browned and cooked through, stirring to break up meat. Transfer to plate, set aside. Wipe out excess grease from frypan. Heat olive oil in same frypan over medium heat. Add vegetables and garlic; cook 8 –10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in kale; sauté 1– 2 minutes or until beginning to wilt. Stir in chorizo; pat mixture into even layer. Pour egg mixture evenly into frypan. Reduce heat to low; cook 1 minute.
- Transfer frypan to oven. Bake 15 –17 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and edge is lightly browned. Loosen edge with spatula; invert onto serving plate. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.