- Sep 25th 2019
- 0 comment
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 medium kohlrabi, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 cup (80g) shredded savoy cabbage
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- 2 x 200g tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Center one kohlrabi onto fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach medium spiralizing blade, and position at end of kohlrabi. Place medium bowl under blade to catch spiralized kohlrabi. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process until blade reaches end of kohlrabi.
- Repeat with remaining kohlrabi. Add carrots, cabbage and green onions to bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use; can be made up to 6 hours ahead.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and mustard in shallow glass dish. Add tuna; turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat. Add tuna and cook about 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1cm thick slices.
- To make Dressing, combine vinegar, wasabi powder, lime juice, sesame oil, honey, lime zest and salt in small jar with a tight fitting lid; shake until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use; can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- To serve, divide kohlrabi mixture evenly between 4 serving plates. Top with sliced tuna, and drizzle over dressing and garnish with sesame seeds.