- 700g Butternut or Jap pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 2 red capsicums, quartered, membrane and seeds removed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 270 ml can coconut milk
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- Coriander salsa
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves only (stems discarded)
- 2 medium sized ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red chilli, seeds removed
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the pumpkin and capsicum over the baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180C (160C fan forced) and cook a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are golden, crispy on the edges and tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a medium sized saucepan. Add the stock, coconut milk and sugar, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Attach the S-blade to the blending arm on the hand blender. Turn to high speed and puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately topped with a dollop of the salsa.
- Coriander lime salsa
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves, tomatoes and chilli. Place into the chopper attachment. Add the lime rind, juice, oil and season with salt and pepper. Insert the blending arm and process on speed 5 for about 8 seconds or until chopped.
Add a little spring onion to the salsa for a little extra zing if desired.