- 1/3 cup (75g) castor sugar
- 3 tbs dark or Dutch cocoa
- 3 tbs cornflour
- 400ml milk*
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 40g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- whipped cream and grated chocolate (optional)
- Combine sugar, cocoa and cornflour in KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker; whisk in milk until smooth. Cook on Boil/Steam setting, stirring constantly with KitchenAid® Stir Tower on medium speed until mixture boils; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Whisk egg in small bowl with ½ cup hot milk. Pour egg mixture back into Multi-Cooker in a thin steady stream, stirring constantly with Stir Tower on medium speed. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until custard is thick and creamy.
- Turn off heat; stir in vanilla and chocolate, stir lightly until chocolate melts. Spoon pudding into serving dishes. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
* For a richer flavour you can use 300ml milk and 100ml cream.
Rich Mocha Pudding: Add 1 to 1 ½ tsp instant coffee granules to
sugar mixture in step 1.