We recently gave away a Magnetic Drive Blender to the KitchenAid fan who could create the best smoothie recipe. The lucky winner was Rekha K Mangalore, a doctor from Melbourne, with her Salted Caramel Smoothie. We were impressed with how sweet and delicious this healthy smoothie tasted.
When do you like to enjoy this smoothie?
I love this smoothie anytime I feel like dessert but usually post gym; that's why I add the salt.
How did you come up with this ingredient combination?
I initially started making this smoothie with banana and brown sugar. I wanted to make it a little healthier so I improvised and replaced the sugar with dates.
What are you looking forward to most about receiving the KitchenAid Magnetic Drive Blender?
I currently own a very old blender which I brought with me from India years ago when I moved. I love the KitchenAid brand. I own a KitchenAid Food Processor and I’ve never been disappointed. I have always wanted a high power blender and was thrilled when I saw this one!
I look forward to making more different smoothies and nut butters. I also want to try and make a cashew mayonnaise too.
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 4 medjool dates
- 1 banana
- 1½ - 2 tsp of cacao-maca powder mix
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ teaspoons chia seeds
- Add all ingredients into the Magnetic Drive Blender and choose the Icy Drinks/Smoothies setting.
- The Icy Drink/Smoothie setting will power through ice and blend fruit at the same time to create a super-smooth texture.
- Regular cow’s milk tastes just as good
- If it’s too sweet you can reduce the number of dates
- Freezing the banana makes it wonderfully thick and creamy
- If you are feeling indulgent add some cacao nibs
Learn more about the Magnetic Drive Blender.