- 125g salt reduced butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (60g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (135g) plain flour
- smarties to decorate (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugars and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Hold the hand mixer into the bowl. Turn to speed 4 and mix until just combined. Increase to speed 7 (high) and cream for 3-4 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Turn off the hand mixer. Add the flour to the bowl (scattering it around and over the mixture). Hold the hand mixer back in the bowl and turn to speed 2. Mix for 2 minutes or until the flour is well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Place measured amounts* of the biscuit mixture onto the prepared tray, allowing room for the biscuits to spread a little during baking. Gently press down the mound of dough with the bottom of a glass or your fingertips to flatten slightly. Decorate with smarties or other toppings if desired.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from tray.
For even sized biscuits use an old fashioned style ice cream scoop to measure out and place the dough onto the baking tray.