- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled
- 4 sticks celery, strings removed
- 750g small waxy potatoes (such as small Coliban, Chats or Kipfler)
- 1 tps salt
- 80g (about 1 1/2 cups) rocket leaves
- 50g fresh parmesan cheese, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- finely grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes
- Attach the work bowl to the food processor with the adjustable slicing blade. Using the thin setting, slice the onion on speed 1.
- Adjust slice setting to medium thickness and slice the celery. Remove the onion and celery, set aside.
- Adjust setting to thick, slice potatoes on speed 1.
- Place the potatoes into a medium sized saucepan, cover with enough cold water to just cover and season with the salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Add half of the rocket, then the parmesan, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon rind, juice and salt. Select speed 2 and process until creamy yet slightly course in texture.
- Roughly tear the remaining rocket into smaller pieces. Combine the potatoes, onion, celery and torn rocket. Pour over the dressing and gently toss. Refrigerate the pesto dressing until ready to serve.
- Waxy potatoes have a better texture for salads, as they won't fall apart in the dressing.
- Use basil or baby spinach in place of the rocket, or a combination of half and half is also delicious.