- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled
- 4 sticks celery, strings removed
- 750g small waxy potatoes (such as small Coliban, Chats or Kipfler)
- 1 tps salt
- 80g (about 1 1/2 cups) rocket leaves
- 50g fresh parmesan cheese, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- finely grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes
- Attach the work bowl to the food processor with the adjustable slicing blade. Using the thin setting, slice the onion on speed 1.
- Adjust slice setting to medium thickness and slice the celery. Remove the onion and celery, set aside.
- Adjust setting to thick, slice potatoes on speed 1.
- Place the potatoes into a medium sized saucepan, cover with enough cold water to just cover and season with the salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- For the pesto dressing
- Fit the food processer with the mini bowl and mini blade. Add half of the rocket, then the parmesan, pine nuts, olive oil, lemon rind, juice and salt. Select speed 2 and process until creamy yet slightly course in texture.
- Roughly tear the remaining rocket into smaller pieces. Combine the potatoes, onion, celery and torn rocket. Pour over the dressing and gently toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Waxy potatoes have a better texture for salads, as they won't fall apart in the dressing.
- Use basil or baby spinach in place of the rocket, or a combination of half and half is also delicious.