- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, seeds removed *
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup medjool dates, seeds removed *
- Chocolate topping
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- To make the crust: process the ingredients in KitchenAid® 7 Cup Food Processor on speed 2 until they bind but maintain a crumb like appearance (careful not to make it a paste!). Press into the bottom of a lined loaf tin or square (20x20cm) cake tin and pop in freezer.
- To make the caramel: process all ingredients together until liquid in KitchenAid® 7 Cup Food Processor on speed 1, then pour over the base and place back in freezer.
- To make the chocolate topping: whisk together all ingredients using a hand whisk, then pour evenly over the caramel, sprinkle with sea salt and place in fridge to set for 3-4 hours.
Note, if you don’t have Medjool dates then you can use dried pitted dates but soak them for 10 minutes in boiling water first, then drain and use. They’ll have the lovely softness you need for the recipe by doing so.