- 1 jarred roasted red pepper
- 60g mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 115g minced beef
- 115g minced pork
- 120g plain dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60ml vegetable oil
- Place roasted red pepper, mayonnaise, 1 clove garlic and red chilli flakes in pitcher of KitchenAid Magnetic Drive Blender. Cover and blend on Manual medium speed 20 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.
- Finely chop remaining clove garlic. Combine minced beef, minced pork, 30g bread crumbs, shallot, chopped garlic, salt and black pepper in medium bowl. Add egg; gently mix just until blended.
- Place remaining 90g bread crumbs in shallow bowl. Shape meat mixture into 32 balls, each about 2.5cm in diameter; roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs in batches 8 minutes or until browned on all sides and cooked through (71°C), turning frequently. Drain on paper towel-lined plate. Serve with sauce.