- 1 recipe Basic Egg Pasta Dough, quartered
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup smoked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- Attach Pasta Press Accessory fitted with Large Macaroni plate to KitchenAidⓇ Stand Mixer. Shape each piece of dough into 4cm diameter log. Turn mixer to Speed 2. Working with one log of dough at a time, feed dough into hopper and use the swing-arm wire dough cutter to cut pasta into 2.5cm lengths as it exits the press. Carefully arrange pasta on rimmed baking sheet lightly dusted with flour.
- Preheat broiler. Bring 4L water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 2 minutes or until very al dente. Drain well.
- Combine cream and ham in large skillet. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until simmering. Add fontina and half the Parmesan; stir until cheese melted and sauce is smooth. Add macaroni; toss to coat. Remove pan from heat. Stir in egg yolks quickly until sauce is thickened and noodles are evenly coated. Spoon into 2L baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Top with remaining Parmesan.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately.
● Stir the pasta mixture constantly while adding the egg yolks to avoid curdling the sauce.
● The residual heat of the pasta and cream will cook the egg yolks to a safe temperature.