- 150g good dark eating chocolate
- 250g light cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1½ cups (330g) castor sugar
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 1 cup (100g) dark cocoa
- 50ml low fat milk
- 50g pecans (optional)
- extra cocoa, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C for fan forced). Line the base and sides of a rectangle cake pan (approximately 23cm x 15cm).
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes on medium power or in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Stir until melted.
- Attach the flat beater to the stand mixer and the pouring shield to the mixing bowl. Add the chocolate and cream cheese and beat on speed 1 for 30 seconds, or until combined. Add the sugar, eggs, egg whites and vanilla. Increase to speed 4 and beat for 2 minutes.
- Sift the flour and cocoa together and add to mixture with the milk and pecans. Beat on speed 2 until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until firm. Cool completely in the pan. Dust with extra cocoa and cut into squares to serve.