- 1 lemon
- 2 cups (about 1/2 bunch) parsley
- 2 cups (about 1/2 bunch) mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 egg
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1.8kg boned leg of lamb
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove peel from lemon in long strips and then set aside.
Attach the citrus press to the work bowl. Juice the lemon halves
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add parsley, mint, garlic, bread, lemon rind and juice. Select speed 1 and process for 8 seconds, or until chopped. Add egg and season with salt and pepper then process for 5 seconds, or until well combined.
- Firmly press herb mixture onto the lamb and place into a roasting pan. Roast for about 1¾ hours (approximately 25 minutes per 500g meat) for medium. Stand lamb for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with roasted potatoes, baby carrots and steamed beans.
- Fresh Mint Sauce
- 2 cups (about ½ bunch) mint
2 tbs white wine vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
200ml ice cold water
freshly ground sea salt and black peppercorns
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Place all mint sauce ingredients into the bowl and pulse for 8 seconds, or until finely chopped. Chill before serving.