- 5 large juicy lemons (you will need 350ml juice)
- 1 ¼ cups (300g) caster sugar
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 50ml cold water
- Extra lemon slices to serve
- Cut the lemons in half. Attach citrus juicer with strainer to stand mixer. Place a mixing bowl under the juicer. Turn to speed 6 and juice lemons.
- Add the sugar to the juice. Attach the flat beater to the mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the ice and water into the blender jug and cover. Select ice crush and process for about 6 seconds or until crushed.
- Pour in the lemon mixture and pulse quickly. Pour the lemonade into a chilled glass serving jug filled with extra ice and lemon slices.
- A combination of lime and lemons is a delicious alternative. Additional sugar can be added if desired. However the secret is to keep the flavour just sweet, not sickly sweet.
- Make sure the sugar is dissolved into the juice before making your lemonade.