- 300ml thickened cream
- 200g good quality eating chocolate (milk or dark), broken into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa
- extra cocoa for serving, if desired
- mixed berries to serve
- Attach the mixing bowl, wire whisk and pouring shield to the stand mixer. Pour the cream into the bowl, turn the mixer to speed 8 and whip until firm peaks are formed. Remove the cream from the bowl and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth and glossy. Stir in the cocoa and mix until smooth. Turn off the heat but leave the chocolate bowl over the warm water so that it keeps warm.
- Attach a clean mixing bowl, the flat beater and the pouring shield to the stand mixer. Add the eggs and sugar to the bowl and beat on speed 8 for 5 to 7 minutes or until very thick and creamy. Turn off the mixer.
- Working quickly, pour the melted chocolate and the cream into the egg mixture. Turn on the mixer to speed 4 and mix until just combined, about 10 seconds of mixing. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mousse into small serving dishes. Sprinkle with cocoa (if used) and refrigerate. Serve with a selection of berries.