- 250ml (1 cup) water
- ½ cup (125g) caster sugar
- 10 Green Tea and Jasmine tea bags* (little paper tag removed)
- 500ml thickened cream
- 5 large egg yolks
- Place the water and sugar into a small sized saucepan. Bring to the boil stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Add the tea bags and push them down until covered by liquid. Simmer over a medium low heat for 6 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly and becomes syrupy.
- Pour syrup and the tea bags into a heat proof bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or until well chilled. Meanwhile, pour the cream into the mixing bowl, and attach the wire whisk. Whisk on speed 6 until soft peaks form (do not over mix, peaks must be very soft). Remove cream from the mixing bowl, and refrigerate. Wash and dry the mixing bowl and whisk.
- Place the egg yolks into the clean and dry mixing bowl and attach the whisk. Whisk on speed 6 for 10 seconds, pouring the syrup into the mixing bowl at the same time. Increase to speed 10 and whisk for 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy. Turn off the stand mixer, add the whipped cream and mix on speed 1 until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Working quickly attach the frozen KitchenAid Ice Cream bowl and dasher to the stand mixer. Turn mixer to stir, and pour cold mixture into bowl with the mixer running and churn for 20-25 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a container, cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften for 5 minutes before scooping. Homemade ice cream is very firm when frozen.
- Green tea with jasmine petals is available from all supermarkets. If desired green tea or simply jasmine tea can be used. Tea leaves can also be used, straining well before adding to the egg yolks.
- Additional mixing bowls are available from retailers.
Looking for More Ice Cream Recipes?
Try these other gorgeous ice cream recipe options: