- 1 3/4 cups gluten free plain flour* see note below
- 1/2 cup (65g) icing sugar
- 2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 125g unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 125g cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- extra flour, for dusting and rolling
- 1 medium green apple, cut into quarters and cored
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 400g homemade fruit mince
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the flour and icing sugar to the bowl. Pulse until combined. With the motor running add the butter, followed by the cream cheese through the small food chute. Add the egg and mix until dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from the bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Fit the medium shredding disc* to the food processor. Coarsely grate the apple on speed 2. Remove shredding disc and apple. Fit the multipurpose blade to the work bowl. Add the grated apple, sultanas, fruit mince, lemon rind and vanilla to the bowl and process quickly on speed 1 until combined.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 2mm. Cut out 15 x 7.5cm circles and press lightly into small shallow patty pan tin. Cut out 15 small stars. Place 1 tablespoon of the fruit mixture into each circle and smooth the surface. Top with a star.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Allow to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.
- Shredding discs vary model to model. If you have an ExactSlice™ model please use the reversible shredding disc, medium side up.
- Some gluten free flours have a gum already sifted in with the flour. This means a separate gum (Xanthan) is NOT needed and should not be used in this recipe.
- Tarts will keep up to 3 days in a sealed container.