- 1 medium white sweet potato
- 1 medium red/purple sweet potato
- 1 large parsnip
- 300g piece butternut pumpkin
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- chilli flakes (optional)
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- freshly ground rock salt & black pepper
- Peel all vegetables including the pumpkin and cut into long pieces about 6cm long and about 4cm thick.
- Attach the slicer/shredder with the thick slicing shredding cone to the stand mixer. Place the vegetable pieces, one at a time, into the hopper, laying them flat into the hopper. Slowly push down on the handles. Turn the mixer to speed 4 and shred the vegetables into the mixing bowl. Toss with the cumin and chilli flakes.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat until hot. Add the vegetables pieces, about a handful at a time, into the oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and very crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables. Season well with the salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Don't overcrowd the pan with too many vegetable pieces. The best results are achieved with only a small amount being fried at each time.
- The crisp chips will become soft within 30 minutes or so. Best eaten immediately after frying.
- Make sure the vegetables are very dry before adding to the oil as water and oil do not mix!