- 100g combined pecans and walnuts
- 300g dried pitted dates, chopped
- 200g raisins
- 100g currants
- grated rind of 1 orange
- good pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced). Scatter the nuts on a baking tray and roast for 7 minutes or until lightly roasted. Set aside to cool.
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. With the motor running, quickly drop the nuts and dried fruit into the processor and chop to desired consistency. Add the orange rind and cinnamon and pulse to mix.
- Tip the fruit and nut mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap laid flat on a bench. Form the mixture into a small, firm log; cover with the wrap and roll up firmly to form a cylinder. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve thinly sliced with wedges of soft cheese, fruit and fresh nuts or oat biscuits.
Pulse the mixture to the desired consistency. The roll can be smooth or chunky in texture.