- 150g ricotta cheese
- 3 large over ripe bananas, roughly broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (155g) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 50g butter
- maple syrup and berries, to serve
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the ricotta, bananas, sugar and vanilla. Using speed 1, process for 5 seconds or until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, spices, eggs and lemon juice. Using speed 1 process about 6 seconds or until well combined.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan over a medium low heat. Add a large knob of butter and swirl to coat pan. When butter is hot and foaming add ¼ cup amounts of the mixture. Cook about 3 minutes each side – turning carefully with a slide. Set fritters aside and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining butter and mixture.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with berries to serve.
Ricotta cheese can be used from the tub or fresh (from the deli counter).