- 60g dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tbs orange juice
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Place the apricots, juice and sugar into a small pan. Bring to the boil, stir and simmer covered for 5 minutes or until the apricots are plump and tender. Set aside to cool completely.
- Attach the flat beater and pouring shield (if available) to the stand mixer. Place the softened butter into the mixing bowl.
- Turn to speed 1 and slowly Increase to speed 6 and beat 3 minutes, wiping down the sides of the bowl regularly with a spatula. Decrease to speed 4 add the apricot mixture, vanilla and ginger and beat 2 minutes or until well combined.