- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g ground beef
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (125ml) milk
- 1⁄8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500g pasta, such as orecchiette, fusilli or penne
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in KitchenAid Multi-Cooker on Saute setting. Add onion; saute 5 minutes, stirring with the KitchenAid Stir Tower on low speed. Add carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add mince and salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes stirring on low speed to break up meat. Add wine; cook 10 minutes, stirring on the 2 minute intermittent setting. Slowly pour in milk, stirring on low speed. Add nutmeg; cook 10 minutes, on intermittent 2 minute setting or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to Simmer setting; simmer, uncovered for 2 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Combine pasta and sauce in large bowl; toss to coat. Top with cheese just before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.