- 250g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (125 g) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- extra maple syrup to drizzle
- Attach the flat beater and pouring shield (if available) to the stand mixer. Place the softened butter and icing sugar into the bowl.
- Turn to speed 1 and mix until combined. Increase to speed 6 and beat 3 minutes, wiping down the sides of the bowl regularly with a spatula. Decrease to speed 4 and slowly pour in the syrup and the cinnamon, beat 2 minutes or until well combined.