- 150g piece Parmesan cheese, cut into large pieces
- 50g pinenuts
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, leaves picked from the stalks
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed (optional)
- 150ml olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fit the food processor with the fine shredding disc*. Select speed 2. Drop the cheese down into the medium sized feed tube, gently guide the cheese in with the pusher if required. Remove the grated cheese and set aside.
- Fit the processor with the multipurpose blade. Add the pinenuts, basil and chilli. Process on speed 1 for 8 seconds or until roughly chopped. With the motor running, add the olive oil quickly through the small food tube, followed by the Parmesan. Season well with salt and pepper.
*To store the pesto and not lose any colour, cover the surface with extra olive oil and keep refrigerated. The oil on the surface will firm in the fridge but this will not affect the flavour.
* Shredding discs vary model to model. If you have an ExactSlice™ model please use the reversible shredding disc, fine side up.