Chocolate Coffee Cheesecake
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250g chocolate biscuits, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 150g dark 70% chocolate, chopped
- 500g cream cheese
- ½ cup (100g) sour cream
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (35g) cornflour, sifted
- 300ml cream, whipped
- 50g block dark 70% chocolate, shaved
- Edible flowers for garnish
- Place butter into a Pyrex jug or bowl, place onto turntable of Bake Assist Microwave Oven. Select BAKING MENU /BAKE ASSIST /MELT BUTTER /100g and press START.
- Grease and line the base of a 22cm springform tin with baking paper
- Place biscuits into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it forms a fine crumb. Add melted butter and process until evenly coated. Press into the base and sides of prepared tin, leaving a 1cm gap from the top of the tin. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Mix instant coffee with 2 tablespoons of hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl, along with coffee and place onto turntable. Select BAKING MENU /BAKE ASSIST /MELT CHOCOLATE /150g and press START. Follow oven prompts and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- To soften cream cheese, place in a microwave safe bowl. Select BAKING MENU /BAKE ASSIST /SOFTEN CHEESE /500g and press START.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and caster sugar into the bowl of a KitchenAid Stand Mixer fitted with a flat beater. Beat on speed 4 until smooth and well mixed.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Reduce to speed 2 and add coffee and chocolate mixture and cornflour; beat until well mixed. Pour into biscuit base.
- Arrange LOW RACK onto turntable.
- Select CONVECTION /FORCED AIR 160C and press START to begin preheating.
- Once preheated, place cheesecake onto the rack and select 60 minutes. Press START to begin cooking.
- At the end of the cooking time, filling should be wobbly but firm. Leave in oven for one hour or until completely cooled. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- To serve, remove cheesecake from tin and place onto a serving plate. Spoon whipped cream over the top and sprinkle over shaved chocolate and edible flowers.