- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves (about 1 bunch)
- ½ cup packed cilantro leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 1 each garlic clove, peeled
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- To prepare your authentic chimichurri sauce, combine flat leaf parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, salt, cumin and crushed red pepper flakes in your KitchenAid food processor. Process 20 seconds or until finely chopped, scraping sides and bottom of Work Bowl as needed.
- Add olive oil through food processor drizzle basin with food processor running followed by red wine vinegar until fully incorporated into your chimichurri sauce.
- Enjoy this tasty dairy free marinade on your favourite grilled meats, skirt steak, seafoods or salads! For an extra kick of flavour, why not try adding a pinch of chili flakes?
Makes: 4 chimichurri sauce servings
Portion Size: 2 tablespoons
Prep Time: 10 min