- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 4cm ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small bunch coriander, stems and leaves
- 500g diced chicken thigh meat, well chilled
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- rind of 1 lime
- Dipping sauce
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs chilled water
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Fit the food processor with the work bowl and multipurpose blade. Add the onion, celery, ginger, garlic and coriander to the bowl. Pulse for 10 seconds. Add the chicken pieces through the small food chute a few pieces at a time on speed 2. Add the sauces and lime rind and pulse until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced). Grease 2 x 'small' petite sized muffin trays. Spoon about 2 tbs mixture into the muffin holes. Spray with oil spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, gently turning the balls over (if desired) for an all over golden colour. Cook until dark golden brown and cooked through. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- For the Dipping sauce
Fit the food processor with the mini bowl with the mini blade. Process the ingredients on speed 1 for 5 seconds. Chill until required.
- For gluten-free chicken bites, check the labels of soy sauce and oyster sauce before using.
- Gluten-free varieties are available from supermarkets.