- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil
- Freshly ground salt and black peppercorns
- 2 x 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs fine rice flour
- 2 tbs potato flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Place the egg whites into a blender jug and cover, pulse for 20 seconds or until light and foamy.
- Add the spring onions, celery, basil and plenty of salt and pepper. Cover the blender and pulse on puree for 5 seconds. Add ¾ cup of corn, egg yolks, flours and baking powder. Cover and pulse for 4 seconds or until combined. Add the remaining corn and pulse for 2 seconds.
- Heat a little oil in a large heavy based frying pan or flat grill. When the pan is hot, add 2 tbs of the batter. Cook for about 2 minutes each side until firm and golden. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with grilled bacon, tomatoes and toast
- Fritters are soft and delicate, be gentle when turning over.