- 4 large (550g) ripe bananas
- 2 cups (270g) self-raising flour*
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal*
- ½ cup (120g) caster sugar
- ¼ cup (65g) brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 50ml milk (at room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160 fan forced). Line the base and sides of a large loaf pan with baking paper.
- Fit the food processor with the mini bowl and mini blade. Place the bananas into the bowl and process on speed 1 for 6 seconds or until chopped. Remove bowl.
- Fit the work bowl with the multipurpose blade. Add the flour, almond meal and sugars to the bowl. Process on speed 2 for 5 seconds. Add all the remaining ingredients and the banana. Process on speed 1 for 10 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 45 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Allow bread to stand 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Serve toasted with butter, if desired.
- Wheat flour can be replaced with pre-packaged gluten free self-raising flour, many contain a gum. If not please add 1 tsp xanthan gum for each cup of flour.
- To make almond meal, 1 cup of blanched almonds can be placed in the mini bowl of the food processor with the mini blade and processed if desired.