- 1 cup Blanched Almonds
- Filtered Water, for soaking
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Filtered Water
- You will need to start this recipe the day before. Soak almonds in filtered water for 12 hours, after this time rinse and drain.
- Combine almonds with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and extra water in a high speed blender. Blend until even consistency.
Lay cheese cloth, or alternatively a new chux cloth over a medium sized bowl, pour almond feta into the centre of the cloth, then draw the sides up and around the almond feta, squeezing tightly into a ball and tying at the top. You can do so with an elastic band. Elevate from the base of the bowl, by tying the cloth to chopsticks or a knife and allow to drain overnight in the fridge.
Remove from the cloth and eat as desired.
Store in fridge for up to 1 week.
- You can use almonds with skin on but it will change the colour of the feta to a light brown.